Blizzard wants to welcome and give gamers a chance to be among the few who purchase Diablo 3?before anyone else.
In the US, the official launch event will be hosted by Blizzard and retail partner GameStop at:
The Great Wheel Court of the Irvine Spectrum Mall
71 Fortune Drive
Irvine, CA 92618
Festivities will start at 8:00 p.m. PDT on May 14. Gamers in attendance will enjoy an epic evening of entertainment before Diablo III goes on sale at midnight, including a variety of giveaways; an exciting selection of Diablo-related video footage; and multiple contests with exclusive Diablo III-themed prizes, such as laser-etched desktop PCs from Intel. In addition, members of the Diablo III development team will be on site at each of the official events to meet with players and sign their copies of the game.
Attendees at the official Diablo III launch events will have the opportunity to purchase the standard edition of the game (suggested retail price $59.99) as well as the Collector?s Edition (suggested retail price $99.99), which contains the following bonus items in addition to the game disc:
– Exclusive aesthetic artifacts for Diablo III, as well as an exclusive World of Warcraft? in-game fetish shaman pet and exclusive StarCraft? II Battle.net? portraits and army decal
– A behind-the-scenes Blu-ray/DVD two-disc set with over an hour of interviews detailing how the world of Sanctuary came together
– The Art of Diablo III, a 208-page art book that catalogues numerous pieces of Diablo III art, from early concepts to final 3D renderings
– The official Diablo III soundtrack CD, containing 24 original pieces from the game
– A 4GB USB soulstone, preloaded with full versions of Diablo II and Diablo II: Lord of Destruction?, and corresponding Diablo skull base
For more information on the global launch events, visit?http://www.blizzard.com/company/events/d3-opening/. In addition to the official US launch event, other retail locations around the country will open at midnight to support gamers looking to pick up their copy of the game the moment it goes live.
It will be one exciting day for sure since the last Diablo came out 12 years ago.