For the first time since launch, a melee-focused champion has been added to League of Legends, and her name is Fiora. Fiora is of course a female melee champion, so she has to make up what she lacks in raw power through her agility. Her abilities focus on this attribute, making her a formidable opponent to slower characters. The League of Legends page on her has plenty of info, but her abilities and lore are listed below for your convenience.
- Duelist (passive) – Fiora regenerates health over 6 seconds each time she deals damage. Striking champions will cause this effect to stack up to 4 times.
- Lunge – Fiora dashes forward to strike her target, dealing physical damage. Fiora can perform the dash a second time within a couple seconds at no mana cost.
- Riposte – Fiora’s Attack Damage is increased. When activated, Fiora parries the next basic attack and reflects magic damage back to the attacker. Works against champions, monsters, and large minions.
- Burst of Speed – Fiora temporarily gains additional Attack Speed. Each basic attack or Lunge she lands during this time increases her Movement Speed. Killing a champion refreshes the cooldown on Burst of Speed.
- Blade Waltz (ultimate) – Fiora dashes around the battlefield to deal physical damage to enemy champions. Successive strikes against the same target deal less damage.
“As the youngest child of the noble House Laurent, Fiora always considered herself destined for greatness. The Laurents had dominated the dueling culture of Demacia’s aristocracy for centuries, and Fiora’s father was regarded as one of the finest swordsmen the nation had ever seen. Inspired by his tales of glory, Fiora began training as soon as she could wield a blade and quickly showed greater talent than any of her siblings. As she grew older, her self-confidence and rigid discipline only widened the gulf of expertise between Fiora and her peers. Her fellow duelists perceived her confidence as arrogance, but none could defeat her in combat, and each victory only heightened her lofty self-esteem. Even so, Fiora never allowed herself to become complacent in her training, and she drove herself ever harder to become a worthy successor to her father’s legacy.
Her devotion turned out to be misplaced. On the eve of an arranged duel, Fiora’s father was caught slipping a slow paralysis poison into his opponent’s drink. Following the incident, many of his past opponents came forward with their own accusations: envenomed weapons, bribery, blackmail, and more. In an instant, he had destroyed his family’s honorable reputation. Fiora was outraged. Not only had her hero betrayed her ideals, but Demacia’s dueling elite now doubted her own ability. She desperately wanted to wipe the stain from her family’s history but, even more, she wanted the world to acknowledge her mastery. She found her solution in the one arena where she could fight the world’s strongest warriors without being accused of dishonesty: the League of Legends.
?Fiora?s ego would be insufferable if it wasn?t so . . . justified.? ? Jarvan IV”