Blizzard today released details on their Q2 earnings for 2015, including details on an expected drop in World of Warcraft subscription numbers, seeing the MMO giant drop 1.5 million since its last count that sat at 7.1 million subscribers at the end of Q1 2015. Although this has the naysayers out in droves with the traditional “death of wow” debates, it has been a regular trend for the game to drop in subscribers between expansions since the first was released.
Outside of the World of Warcraft details Blizzard’s Q2 report for 2015 included others information relevant to the current games and development.
- The World of Warcraft development team is larger than it has ever been before
- The official movie for World of Warcraft is expected to expose the lore and details of the game to entirely new audiences
- Patch 6.2 helped to stabilize the games subscription numbers
- Diablo III has sold a massive 30 million units globally since its release
- Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm and Destiny combine to house over 70 million registered players
Source: MMO Champion