With more than 1 million players registered, the wait is nearly over for anxious survivors waiting to face zombie hordes and other players as they explore ?Colorado,? the first world in The War Z (TWZ). ? Arktos Entertainment Group and Hammerpoint Interactive today announced that the closed beta for TWZ will begin on October 31st, 2012, with two early purchase packages that will see players accessing the online, multiplayer, survival-simulation game as soon as October 15th. The two purchase options will be discounted for a limited time and are as follows:
- Price: $19.49 USD through October 20th, 2012 ($29.99 USD thereafter)
- Game Access: October 31st, 2012
PIONEER (INCLUDES EARLY ALPHA ACCESS):
- Price: $29.99 USD through October 20th, 2012 ($49.99 USD thereafter)
- Game Access: October 15th, 2012 (special early Alpha access)
- Bonuses: The package includes $15 of in-game currency, special forum badge identifying player as an early, pioneer community member, and one-month of ?Stronghold? map server hosting to create a unique world within the game.
Players can choose their option and purchase now at (http://www.thewarz.com/buy)
?We?ve been working non-stop to tweak and balance the game to where we feel comfortable beginning to bring more players in,? said Sergey Titov, executive producer for The War Z. ?We are now at that point, but this is where the real work begins. ?We want to work with our players to build and add additional features, remove those that they don?t like and continue to evolve The War Z to be the best zombie survival-sim available.?
The War Z is an online, multiplayer, survival-simulation game set in an open world infested with zombies. ?Players are thrust into this post-apocalyptic world five-years after a viral outbreak that ravaged the human population and left, in its wake, a nightmare of epic proportion. ?Hordes of undead zombies roam the cities, and the few remaining human beings have devolved into a lawless, nomadic society where the sole objective is to survive at any cost. ?Players must use skill and cunning in order to acquire food, weapons and other supplies necessary for survival. ?While navigating the vast landscape, they will discover cities teeming with the undead as well as other players that may or may not be friendly.