Grinding Gear Games today announced the official release of update 2.3.0 for the critically acclaimed, award-winning online dungeon crawler, Path of Exile, as the community welcomes a flurry of new content and bug fixes alongside the debut of The Prophecy Challenge Leagues. The update will be applied across all servers at 1PM PST today, June 3rd, and brings with it both Standard and Hardcore versions of the highly anticipated Prophecy Challenge League with brand new skills, items and challenges.
[quote cite=”Chris Wilson, Managing Director for Grinding Gear Games”]”The Prophecy challenge league has more content than some of the full expansions we’ve released in the past. We’re really excited to explore it alongside our players.” [/quote]
Prophecy Content Update Feature Highlights:
- New Items: Unique Items and Divination Cards designed by Path of Exile supporters, three new types of Unique Strongboxes, and a new end-game map base type: the Plaza Map.
- Expanded Skills: Five new skills have been added including Spirit Offering, Ancestral Warchief, Fury, Frostbolt, and Vortex – a new area spell that explodes in a burst of cold around the caster, creating an icy vortex.
- LChallenges and Rewards: The Prophecy leagues include a set of 40 new challenges. In addition to the generous rewards earned by fulfilling Prophecies, Players earn exclusive microtransactions as challenges are completed.
- The Endgame Labyrinth: The rumors are true – there is a fourth Labyrinth! High-level players must complete difficult map versions of the Trials of Ascendancy to gain access to the Endgame Labyrinth. Completing this version of the Labyrinth will grant players additional Ascendancy class points, allowing them access to more complex character builds.
- Technical Improvements: The game’s memory management system has been overhauled and its sound system replaced. There are also gameplay balance adjustments to some skills and items.
Source: Press Release