The Destiny servers went down for maintenance this morning at 7AM Pacific, giving Bungie the opportunity to apply the latest update that sees a number of fixes aimed at improving the technical aspects of matchmaking and KTO’s. Bungie have stated that the contents of the update are aimed at improving connectivity with the Destiny servers and as such some players may not notice any real difference when the servers return later today.
The release list of both client and server fixes can be seen below:
- Added more data logging for matchmaking systems
- Improved connectivity failure handling to reduce beaver (Kick To Orbit events) KTOs
- Improved logging of player disconnections
- Internal tools fixes to speed up our release process
- Fixes to the roster system to allow us to tune the frequency of roster updates on Xbox One
- Fixed a bug that allowed users to quick scope on some weapons
- Security fixes
- Server performance improvements
- Fixes to reduce the frequency of some KTOs
- Better logging to help diagnose connectivity problems
- Fixes to some Centipede errors that were exclusive to specific player characters
Prior to the downtime Bungie stated that players should expect several hours of maintenance. Check out the official Twitter account for regular updates on the status of the Destiny servers.
Source: Official Website