Blizzard today took the opportunity to lay out the upcoming release schedule for the highly anticipated v6.2 patch for World of Warcraft, bringing with it the eagerly awaited raids in the infamous Hellfire Citadel. The official launch date for the v6.2 patch has been confirmed as next Tuesday, June 23rd, and will feature the Hellfire Citadel Normal and Heroic difficulty options for players. The developers also confirmed today that the Mythic difficulty setting and Raid Finder Wings will be opened at a later date, following the official deployment of the update.
The team laid out the current plan surrounding the official release are highlighted below:
- June 23 (with the release of Patch 6.2) – Hellfire Citadel Normal and Heroic difficulties open.
- June 30 – Mythic difficulty becomes available and Raid Finder Wing 1 (Hellfire Assault, Iron Reaver, Kormrok) unlocks.
- July 14 – Raid Finder Wing 2 (Hellfire High Council, Kilrogg, Gorefiend) unlocks.
- July 28 – Raid Finder Wing 3 (Shadow-Lord Iskar, Socrethar the Eternal, Tyrant Velhari) unlocks.
- August 11 – Raid Finder Wing 4 (Fel Lord Zakuun, Xhul’horac, Mannoroth) unlocks.
- August 25 – Raid Finder Wing 5 (Archimonde) unlocks.
To keep your exploration urges for World of Warcraft at bay Blizzard also released a brand new trailer highlighting the patches more exciting elements, check it out below before discussing it in the comments section below.
Source: Official Website