Despite continuous doom and gloom articles detailing the demise of the latest MMO game, Sony Online Entertainment prove time and time again that older MMO titles can still maintain quality. They have just announced that their longstanding MMORPG, EverQuest, now has added content thanks to the release of the highly anticipated Shadow of Fear update.
Complimenting the recent 14th anniversary celebrations, Shadow of Fear is one of the most anticipated update in recent months and marks the 20th large-scale content update to the popular MMORPG title. Following the storyline from EverQuests 19th expansion, Rain of Fear, players are forced to battle deadly new enemies as they attempt to restore peace and balance to the world of Norrath. In typical expansion fashion Shadow of Fear includes brand new quests, difficult new raids, extra spells and two new zones.
- A mysterious Shissar city, Chelsith Reborn, is available for exploration.
- Travel to the Plane of Shadow to confront the never-before-seen goddess, Luclin!
- New Spells, Alternate Abilities (AA’s) and items for all classes
- New collections can be found in Chelsith Reborn and the Plane of Shadow.
- New missions, raids, and quests are available to challenge even the most powerful adventurers.
- New achievements are rewarded for tackling the content found in Shadow of Fear.
The Shadow of Fear content update is now available as a free download for all EverQuest players. Check out the official launch trailer below.