Perfect World Entertainment and Cryptic Studios have announced that the highly anticipated Star Trek Online: Fleets update is now available on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One following a hugely successful running on the PC version of the free-to-play MMO. Star Trek Online released on consoles on September 6th 2016 and has since attracted over 1.1 million players as they take to the helm of their own ships and explore every corner of the universe in the fantastic setting of the Star Trek franchise.
At launch, Star Trek Online featured over 6 years worth of content following on from the successful PC release. The new features included a brand new control scheme, an improved user-interface and new lighting technologies to improve the visual elements on Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
Today’s debut of Star Trek Online: Fleets brings with it a flurry of new content including Fleet Holdings, Admiralty system, Research and Development system and Duty Officers.
- Fleet Holdings – Fleet members can work together to build a full-scale Starbase, Romulan Embassy, Dilithium Mine, Dyson Sphere Spire as fleet member-only social areas. Building these facilities also grants access to various bonuses, high-end gear and daily missions.
- Admiralty System – Players who have reached the rank of Admiral can send their inactive starships on missions to bring back rewards.
- Two New Reputations – Task Force Omega and Iconian Resistance include a variety of new queues to play and new end-game gear to earn for your captain and starships.
- Duty Officers – Captains can delegate tasks and away missions to their standard crew members for rewards, while they continue to travel through the final frontier.
- Research and Development – This system allows players to craft standard and unique items through a variety of schools, while also providing exciting crafting tier progression bonuses.
Source: Press Release