$25,000 Modding Contest Announced For ARK: Survival Evolved

Studio Wildcard today announced a new partnership with Alienware as they reveal an exciting new event for the more creative members of the ARK: Survival Evolved community with a $25,000 modding contest. The prizes include a brand new desktop PC with the top one valued at $15,000. Creative members of the community will be able to utilize the Unreal Engine 4’s powerful modding tools to create the mod that the judges deem to be the best of the bunch. There are two categories available for mods to explore:

Firstly is the addition of new maps. Modders are invited to create new, diverse islands to feature new biomes and exploration opportunities. The other category is functionality/game modes. This includes adding or overriding new or existing mechanics to add more competitive options, re-balance certain elements of the game or invent entirely new structures and items. The only limit is your imagination.

The contest will take place over 2 rounds. Firstly players will be required to upload a mod screenshot following instructions on the official page with 75% of the weight of the score on the judges with the other 25% based on community voting. The second stage will see the top 10 entries held up for the judges to make the final decision.

Source: Official Website

Leave a Comment