If you participated in the TERA closed beta and felt that the graphics could use some improvement, you?re not alone. As it turns out, the game was operating in low-res mode?hi-res texture packs are being made available as of today.
Once downloaded and installed, you?ll be able to use hi-res textures in the next beta, starting February 24. Before you start celebrating, it?s worth noting that the textures push the client download up to a whopping seven gigabytes; you?d better start downloading now.
You?ll also find a few minor tweaks to the game, as detailed by the company?s official patch notes:
- The “Contact Support” button now brings you to the TERA Customer Support page on the website.
- Moving the mouse pointer no longer skips the opening cinematic movie. It can be skipped by press any key.
- The LFG, Vanarch, and Party Alert chat channels will now be moderated.
- The description for Soothing Rhomb has been corrected.
- When trying to create a new character, you will now be notified if you have reached the maximum number of characters on your account for that particular closed beta test.
- Achievements will now display in the chat window properly.
- This build replaces some existing textures with high-resolution textures. They will display if you set the graphics options to maximum.
Check out the full patch notes for more details. Otherwise, get to downloading! You only have a few days before it?s time to jump back into TERA.
While you?re downloading, why not let us know what you think of TERA so far?