The post-apocalyptic survival fantasy sandbox MMORPG Xsyon today announced that the team at Notorious Games are dropping the previous subscription model in favor of a buy-to-play revenue model that will allow players to purchase once and play forever.
Previous players that already picked up a copy of Xsyon: Prelude on Steam can jump right into the action without further costs while those that have been holding out on the investment can currently pick up the game for $29.99 and enjoy the features of the game without subscription.
The team also released details on recent improvements, features older players wanted improving and the ideas currently in the development pipeline.
- Revised versatile architecture system with multi-story construction.
- Laying out and visualizing full constructions before finalizing your creations.
- Building of bridges, tree houses and fantastical structures with ease.
- Many new structural components including trusses, cantilevers and railings.
- Building uses including Infirmaries, Trading Posts and Welcome Stations.
Recent feature highlights:
- Extensive farming system allowing players to plant, water, tend and harvest a variety of useful crops.
- Innovative cooking system allowing players to combine ingredients and seasonings creating custom recipes. Players can save their recipes in a cookbook and create powerful signature dishes.
Future ideas in the works:
- Revised creature systems, stats and path finding.
- Vanity and combat pets.
- Tame-able mounts.
Source: Press Release