Over the weekend the studio that never sleeps, Studio Wildcard, released the second update for the recent release of the Xbox One version of ARK: Survival Evolved – introducing a flurry of new features and content including brand new dinosaurs and split-screen multiplayer support. In total 3 new creatures were added and exciting new items such as Beer Barrels and Electric Prods have also been introduced.
Players can check out the new spotlight videos for the recently released Dung Beetle, Dimetrodon and Gallimimus below:
The update also sees a lot of the current content on the PC version finally making it to Xbox One including:
- New Armor: SWAT-style Assault Armor tier
- New Weapon: Electric Prod stunner weapon capable of rendering even the strongest survivor unconscious
- New Structures: Greenhouse/Glass structure tileset to aid survivors in growing plants
- Deep-Sea Loot Crates: Just what it sounds like. Cool stuff underwater.
- Beer Barrel: These craftable Beer kegs can make tasty brews, with various status enhancing effects, however the subsequent ‘hangover’ effects are not so pleasant!
- Loads of bug fixes, serious performance update (~15%), fixed memory leak
- Non-dedicated servers now support up to Eight survivors and 33% larger tether distance
Source: Press Release