Gameforge and South Korean development studio Lion Games have announced a new partnership that will see the anime action MMORPG, SoulWorker, arriving on North American and European shores.
[quote cite=”Daniel Werner, Product Director for SoulWorker at Gameforge”]”I am pleased to finally accommodate the desires of players in North America and Europe with SoulWorker. There’s plenty in SoulWorker to excite Anime fans in particular – we can’t wait to get going with this highly anticipated game”[/quote]
SoulWorker has enjoyed huge levels of success in South Korea thanks to its detailed anime art style, high-octane battles and a deep storyline that sees players take on the role of a chosen one selected to fight against a relentless wave of evil in a post-apocalyptic world.
- Enthralling Anime story based on humanity’s battle for survival – Hordes of enemies threaten the barely standing world of SoulWorker: There’s not only beasts from other dimensions, but also a private military conglomerate and other power-thirsty peoples trying to wipe out all of humanity.
- Four classes at launch – At launch there’ll be four classes to choose from, each radiating a true Anime feel. Players can decide between the “Soulum Sword”, “Mist Scythe”, “Gun Jazz” or “Howling Guitar”. An optimized third-person camera lets the action-laden battles shine and serves to highlight the beauty of the real-time effects.
- Large PvE content with adventurous dungeons – Over 100 PvE dungeons with episodic final bosses are split across different difficulty levels. In doing so, the initial instances tell the story behind SoulWorker, whilst adventures in regions with a higher level or daily challenges offer opportunities for big rewards.
- A PvP Zone for mass battles on an open battlefield – “District 6” is a dangerous PvP area where players can go head to head that borders on the PvE zones. Mad monsters and a gigantic boss in the centre of the zone only serve to increase the thrill.
- Crafting, guilds, housing and plenty more – There is a wealth of items to be crafted using blueprints. Players can also form a group or guild and fight to earn their own lands. Once acquired, their own four walls can then be made to feel like home with a selection of furniture pieces. A user-friendly marketplace also offers a chance to trade for armor, weapons and also special cards that offer strengthening magic.
Details surrounding the games NA and EU release dates is expected soon.
Source: Press Release