Kickstarter has become a bustling hub for innovative ideas but very few have promised to push the boundaries of the MMO world as much as The Far Reaches. Developed by independent developers Voyager Games, The Far Reaches is an open-world sandbox MMORPG that aims to create an experience centered around its community and players.
The Far Reaches embodies many elements of the sandbox genre but what makes it really unique is the new approach to NPC’s and the incredible opportunities presented that will allow players to completely change the worlds around them.
- TFR features an immense variety of gameplay, facilitated by its profession and skill based system of character progression.
- Players have an unprecedented ability to change the worlds of TFR,
through its system of player structures, player cities, and variable NPC
- TFR’s NPCs do much more than wander and fight. They build
structures, craft items, spread rumors, have personalities, and maintain
relationships with players. Plus much more!
- Crafters matter in TFR. They produce virtually every usable item in
the game through an intricate crafting system that requires skill and
smarts to master.
- TFR features a high stakes, faction based, world PvP system that encourages large scale battles that change the world.
- TFR has no classes, levels, or instanced content whatsoever, representing a major departure from themepark style games.
The Kickstarter page contains a wealth of information on The Far Reaches and even if sandbox games aren’t your thing, the massive list of exciting features is well worth the look. For more information check out The Far Reaches at the link below: