Accompanying this weeks Game Update 05, the PlanetSide 2 development team has released some information on upcoming features and the MMOFPS games ForgeLight engine. The latest update introduces Empire-specific rocket launchers and features several update possibilities including player controlled rockets and swarm missiles. The highly requested account wide unlocks has also been introduced, allowing players to purchase Station Cash items for all characters on a single account.
For the second episode of Behind The Battle Lines Senior Art Director Tramell Isaac demonstrates the power of the award-winning game engine.
Alongside the video Sony Online Entertainment also released some interesting war statistics. The battles have been tense and the casualty count high since the launch of PlanetSide 2 last November, but the February stats alone are nothing short of astonishing.
- Over 102,366,951 deaths have been recorded on Auraxian soil.
- Over 40 deaths registered every single second
- Terrible accuracy recorded as 2.3 billion shots hit out of 7.2 billion fired. Working out at 2,960 shots per second
- Base control has exchanged hands over a million times with the NC taking the prime spot with 399k flips
- Medics have shown their dedication with over 5,000 hours of healing
- Engineers came up trumps with almost 5 years of repair time
A new app was also revealed at this years Game Developers Conference that will allow players to stay connected to the PlanetSide 2 world via an app for iOS and Android. More details expected soon
This weekend also sees the introduction of a double experience points and Station Cash event. So what are you waiting for? Jump into PlanetSide 2 today!