During this past weekends Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn fan festival event in Las Vegas, developers Square Enix revealed details on the games first ever major content expansion, Heavensward. Over the weekend various members of the development team took their opportunity to introduce players to the exciting variety of new content coming with Heavensward, which is currently expected to launch sometime in 2015.
Although Square Enix did not divulge every minor detail, they have given fans enough to get them frothing at the chops. Heavensward will see the debut of the Airships in FFXIV, a massively popular feature in FFXI, and a new race will also be introduced alongside an increase in the level cap.
Heavensward will feature a massive new adventure as players are thrust into the 1,000 year-old conflict between the Ishgard and Dravania, with the very fate of both races in the balance. Other features expected to arrive with Heavensward include:
[list icon=”icon: arrow-right”]
- Level cap raise from 50 to 60 across all jobs and professions.
- Massive new areas.
- A new player race with both male and female characters.
- Multiple new jobs.
- New Primals, one of which will be completely unique to FFXIV.
- Many new dungeons — more than 3 or 4.
- High-end raids
- Airships, Airship, Airships — Free Companies can band together and build their own airships.
- New gear and recipes.